Happy New Year’s Eve, everyone!
What are your plans for the evening? I’ll be staying in all day and eating dinner at home with my family – we make our own hot pot for these special occasions – and I’ll either be watching the ball drop or reading my book in bed as I’ve done in past years.
Even though I won’t be attending some crazy NYE party, I’ll still be making 2017 resolutions! Last year, my only resolution was to “jump in” more. I’d call that a success, but this upcoming year, I want to make resolutions that I can check off. They’re more like goals, if anything, but here are my resolutions for 2017!
- Start a Tumblr // I remember trying to use Tumblr as a blog platform a few years ago, and it just didn’t work. Recently though, I’ve been browsing Tumblr blogs and I’ve really enjoyed doing so, making me want to make my own. Of course, I’d still be running J(en)’adore with original content, but on Tumblr, I’d just reblog other stuff. Tumblr is that mindless, no-creative-content-creation thing I want to use as an inspiration platform. Let me know which other Tumblrs I should follow! (I CHEATED AND STARTED ONE A FEW DAYS AGO. Come follow it here!)
- Be more active on this blog // Y’all, this blog became so slow throughout the year. I got really busy, obviously, but every time I do get the time to post something, I remember how much I love writing them! A goal of mine is to post at least once a week, and to constantly be taking pictures so I’ll have them ready for posts. There’s a girl in my house who is also a blogger (and photographer, and design major!) who has more free time this winter, so hopefully we’ll be able to collaborate on something. Of course, we’ll have to see how Seattle’s winter weather holds out.
- Meet more people // As I’ve noticed this year, it’s so important to keep meeting new people because it’s only been a positive experience for me. Especially as a business major, I want to expand my network! Joining a sorority this year definitely helped, and in 2017, I’m hoping to meet more recruiters and students through an accounting fraternity that I want to join in the fall of 2017.
- Build deeper connections // This ties into #3, but I love so many of the people I met this year. I want to be sure to maintain those connections and build them into deeper, more secure relationships. This means constantly reaching out to them to get coffee or simply study together.
- Learn how to say no to projects // This is something I’ve struggled with since high school, since I lovelovelove being involved and busy. I definitely overloaded myself this past fall with too many extracurriculars though, and I was struggling to keep my head above water. In 2017, I want to hone in on projects that I truly care about, value, and are good for me, and just focus on those. I’m a people-pleaser and was trying to do too much in 2016.
- Study abroad, for real!! // Crossing my fingers this time around that I’ll get accepted into at least one study abroad program and actually go on the trip. This means I’ll have to submit a bomb application and stand out in the group interviews, but I’m going to try!
- Get an internship // In this day and age, students pretty much have to have internship experience before they graduate. I feel that I have to follow that path or I’ll fail in life (am I too hard on myself?). I’ve already submitted a ton of applications for internships, so hopefully I’ll get interviewed for them and get accepted.
- “If you obey all the rules, you’ll miss all the fun” // As quoted in the image above (thanks to Kate Spade), I want to continue to go out of my comfort zone. By no means am I going to go crazy and start breaking the law, but I’m just too much of a goody-two shoes, even I think it’s annoying sometimes. It doesn’t hurt to have a little fun every once in awhile- I need to keep reminding myself that!
That’s all I have for my 2017 resolutions! What are your 2017 resolutions?