1. Get my driver’s license: Ohmygod, I am so embarrassed right now. I got my driver’s permit last summer, and I’m about to turn 19 in a few short months. A driver’s license is MUST before college. Not that I’ll be driving, but still. (Time to get behind the wheel!)
2. Learn how to cook!: I think this is a pretty good skill to have in college. I’ve been living off of my mama’s food for my entire life, so no mama in college = no bueno. I want to at least learn how to make my own eggs for breakfast!!
3. Take accounting classes: As a student major in accounting (at least, that’s the plan for now), I want to get a head start! I’ve heard diving head-first into accounting classes in college is a lot to take in, so I want to learn some basics first at my community college this summer.
4. Read!!!: I don’t exactly have a set number of books I want to read, but the past few summers I’m always managed to read around 30 books. I want to go for 40 books this year, I think!
5. No Netflix: my family recently got Netflix, and I know from all of my friends that it’s so addicting, and it also means no productivity. So far, I haven’t gotten SUCKED in yet, and I definitely want to stay away, since it’ll slow down my reading if I start. I’ve only been re-watching Orphan Black!
So that’s it for my summer 2015 before college starts!