IT’S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR!! I read some fabulous books in 2014, and surprisingly, a lot of my favorites were DEBUTS!! Most of them are published in 2014, and only a few were published before 2014. BUT I’LL SHARE THEM ALL!! Have Goodreads open because you’ll NEED to add these to your must-read shelf for 2015!
FAVORITE 2014 DEBUTS
1. Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens – I read this one January 2014, y’all. I KNEW this was a favorite already. Such an uplifting, important contemporary.
2. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord – LITERALLY THIS BOOK IS ON EVERYONE’S FAVORITES LIST. If you did NOT read this one in 2014, you MUST in 2015!
3. The Jewel by Amy Ewing – This one got a lot of mixed reviews, but I personally loved it. I thought it was so addicting and I LOVE court intrigue stuff!!
4. Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley – Hands down the most surprising read of the year. Military? At first I was like nahh but by the end I was like YAAS!
FAVORITE 2014 NON-DEBUTS
1. Noggin by John Corey Whaley – Such a talented male contemporary author. This was thought-provoking and quirky in the BEST way possible.
2. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson – A very lovely fantasy romance read! I wasn’t expecting to like this one that much either, but the plot is awesome!!
3. There Will Come a Time by Carrie Arcos – A really beautiful contemporary about TWINS. Of course I connected with this one.
4. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr – I READ AN ADULT HISTORICAL FICTION. And it’s quite possibly my favorite book of the year. So, so well done. Best WW2 story I’ve ever read.
5. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare – I’m so so sad this series is over, but oh dang it was so amazing.
FAVORITE BOOKS PUBLISHED PRE-2014
1. Winger by Andrew Smith – very John-Green vibe, but so much funnier. Loved this one a lot. Published in 2013!
2. Clockwork Princess – still crying.
3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – this was my third time re-reading, but hey, IT’S STILL A FAVORITE.
4. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins – Also a re-read, and also STILL a favorite.
FAVORITE BOOK TO-BE-PUBBED IN 2015
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – Okay, to be fair, I’ve only read one 2015 book this year, but IT WAS SO FREAKING GOOD. Pre-order it RIGHT NOW and read it immediately in February!!!