Image from We Heart It
Wow, seriously? July’s already over? Shoot, school’s about to start. Nevertheless, I’m going to try to block that out of my mind, because some awesome things happened in July! If you’re unfamiliar with my wrap-up posts, you can click here to see last months (aka, my first one!)
- I went to my first ever overnight camp! It was for dance and we stayed three nights at a local college. We got to stay in dorms and everything! It was an amazing experience.
- SAT prep + classes = ew. I’m entering my junior year, so in October/November I’ll be taking my SATs. GAAAG. It’s so gross. Just.
- I’m no longer a macaron virgin OR a John Green virgin. The macaron wasn’t THAT great, the shell tasted weird. >.< I had a coffee one, if you're wondering! And as you can tell, my first two JG novels became my favs for the month, and probably for the year (they were much more successful than the macarons…)
- Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke: I’ve already seen great reviews of this one, and I’ve been craving a Gothic thriller ever since The Madman’s Daughter. This one sounds amazing!
- Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young: I have yet to experience Cat’s writing style, but I recently loved Suzanne Young’s The Program. Plus, who doesn’t love a good contemporary?
- Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan: twelve year-old genius girl who’s parents die? Sad, but I’ve heard great things about this middle grade!
Wow, I had quite a month! What happened to you guys this month? Read any amazing books? Which books are you excited for in August? Let me know, I hope everyone had a good month!