Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies over at Broke and Bookish, where there is a new topic every week and we make lists out of them! This week’s topic is most intmidating reads– whether it be hype, thickness, or content matter. In no particular order..
- Looking For Alaska by John Green (or any John Green book, really) – HYPE. I haven’t read a JG book yet, and I’m honestly so scared because what if I’m disappointed?
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare – Hype, and thickness. There’s a freaking movie coming out, so it better be good. And this series? How many books are there..? EDIT: I read it. LOL it’s awesome.
- The Diviners by Libba Bray – JUST LOOK AT HOW FAT IT IS. Just look.
- Crank by Ellen Hopkins – This book deals with some pretty insane stuff, I’ve heard. Like drugs, blegh.
- Blood Red Road by Moira Young – The format for this book is just different and I’ve heard the writing style is unique. Some people hate it..
6. Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith – This one also has like everything off of the issue list, pretty much. It’s a you-love-it, or you-hate-it type of read, I think.
7. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey – The freaking HYPE for this one! If this one doesn’t live up to it’s expectations, I swear.. plus, it’s a fat one, too.
8. Teeth by Hannah Moskowitz – I hear that Hannah comes up with some crazy topics. Not sure whether I’ll like them or not!
9. Stolen by Lucy Christopher – This one’s about an abduction. *shudders* Those are scary!
10. Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff – The writing in this one sounds intimidatingly beautiful and descriptive. And perhaps slow? I want to read this one but..
SO TELL ME. Which ones of these have you read that I HAVE TO READ NOW? Are you intimidated as well? By which ones?